We're just in that age where the environment is so rife with estrogenic chemicals and mimickers that vigilance in our exposures is becoming a must: for parents of young male children to those afflicted with estrogen positive cancers... never mind the more shallow lot fighting water retention and the mirror- or a biosignature of fatty hamstrings.
Clearly, if a sink was being filled with water from a tap that could not be shut off, our first goal would be to cut off the flow further upstream... not work on accelerating the effectiveness of the drain right?
So in a nutshell. and very researchable, all unfermented sources of soy, plastics, parabens, and phthalates have to be limited.
And for ease of shaking these exposures beyond best efforts of exposure, I and my clients use an Estro Control supplement rife in Brassica extracts as well as calcium d-glucarate, green tea, and curcumin.
But what else can we use? Operation Virility is becoming of the utmost importance these days and truly the long-term implications of life as a eunuch do not make for great final chapters.
1) Get a deep sleep and/or use melatonin. Melatonin, administrated as a supplement or released during a healthy sleep, inhibits the action of the estradiol receptor, the researchers discovered when they studied tumor cells from their test animals.
Cancer Res. 2014 Aug 1;74(15):4099-110.
2) Sleep seems to make men more masculine and women better protected against estrogen positive cancers. The better the quality of your sleep, the greater the amount. Melatonin probably inhibits the conversion of testosterone into estradiol, Thai toxicologists reported in 2014 in Toxicology Letters.
Toxicol In Vitro. 2014 Oct;28(7):1215-21.
3) Take your olive oil: found in virgin olive oil: oleocanthal, a compound that has anti-carcinogenic and anti-oestrogenic properties, according to an article by pharmacologists at Jordan University of Science and Technology in the European Journal of Pharmacology... oleocanthal supplementation can enhance the effect of anti-estrogens such as tamoxifen.
4) Eat your celery: Luteolin, a flavonoid that we consume daily through our food, inhibits the body's production of estradiol. Researchers at the Chengdu Institute of Biology in China report their findings in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
J Agric Food Chem. 2012 Aug 20.
5) Eat your wheat bran: high-fiber wheat bran supplementation helped estradiol to be eliminated faster out of rats' bodies. Human studies from the 1990s confirm that wheat fibers can reduce estradiol levels – wheat bran reduces them by ten to twenty percent.
Nutrition. 1997 Jun;13(6):535-9.
6) Take your Resveratrol: Resveratrol, a compound found in the skin of red grapes, has an anti-oestrogenic effect. According to an in-vitro study done at the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2006, the effect is so strong that high – but not impossible – doses can protect women against breast cancer. And it can help athletes to lower their estradiol levels.
Toxicol Sci. 2006 Jul; 92(1): 71-7.
7) Keeping your Vitamin D levels up is like the Holy Grail of estrogen management: According to an animal and cell study that endocrinologists at Stanford University published in Endocrinology, the active form of vitamin D – calcitriol, is an anti-oestrogenic compound. The study is interesting for bodybuilders too, as the anti-estrogenic effect of vitamin D is expressed mostly in the fat tissue. What's more, vitamin D enhances the effect of anti-estrogens like anastrozole, letrozole, and exemestane.
Endocrinology. 2010 Jan; 151(1): 32-42.
8) Take heart if using Viagra or the like: Erection drugs like Viagra/sildenafil or Cialis/tadalafil inhibit the enzyme PDE5, thus making erections easier. Andrologists at the University of Rome 'La Sapienza' discovered that tadalafil at least also inhibits aromatase, the enzyme that converts testosterone into estradiol.
J Sex Med. 2006 Jul;3(4):716-22.
Well, there you have a fine start to regaining your Tarzan call and hard body. The medical implications of controlling excess estrogen levels or exposures all point to improved vitality, virility and a healthier life devoid of much risks typical of this age.
Hope you take it to heart. Who loves ya?