Time saving fitness tips
Time is money. We should never waste our time with stupid habits, especially when it involves our health and fitness. If you were to ask me what are my best tips for the gym and health, here are some of them.
1. You shouldn’t work on your abs everyday. Abs are just like any other muscles. In fact, you should train them with a hypertrophy protocol, twice a week, for best results.
2. Don’t stretch! As in “over stretching”. It’s ok to stretch, but if a muscle is constantly tight, there might be a reason why.
3. Warmups: quality over quantity. Warm up the muscles you are about to train with the same exercises you are about to do. Just go way lighter, as in 30-50% of the weight and reps you are about to do. Do a few sets of warmup with a full range and you are good to go. I just saved you 10-15 minutes of time that you can add to your workout.
4. If you are looking for a reason to start working out, do hypertrophy to slow down the aging process. The longer you are physically active and fit, the longer you’ll be full of life.
5. Get an assessment. How do you know where you want to go if you don’t know where you are? Which leads me to my next point.
6. Set goals. Losing weight or getting in shape are not precise goals.
7. Set precise goals. Losing 5 pounds or gaining muscle are great, but if you haven’t done point number 5, you are back, and most likely will stay at square one.
8. Prioritize rest. Train hard, rest harder. If you can’t sleep, you can’t regenerate.
9. Pull as much as you push. Poor structural balance is closely related to injuries. Overuse of certain joints is very common due to a lack of proper programming when designing strength and conditioning programs.
10. You can’t out-train a bad diet. This is just wishful thinking. You might be able to burn off the excess calories but it always catches up to you… Always.