Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Serves: 6 Cupcakes
• 1 cup pitted medjool dates (about 12)
• 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (or water)
• 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
• 2 tsps pumpkin pie spice
• 1 tbsp baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• 1 1/4 cups almond flour
• 2 tbsp tapioca starch (can sub cornstarch)
• 1/4 cup nut/seed butter (cashew)
Coconut butter frosting
• 1/4 cup coconut butter
• 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 3-4 tbsp non-dairy milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine the dates, non-dairy milk, and pumpkin. Blend until well combined with minimal chunks remaining.
3. Add the rest of the cupcake ingredients.
4. Blend again until the mix is well combined.
5. Divide the batter between 6 muffin tins that have been lightly oiled or lined with paper liners. Fill each so it is level with the top of the pan. Smooth the tops.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350F.
7. Remove from the oven and cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting
1. Melt the coconut butter. Combine melted coconut butter with maple syrup and vanilla.
2. Slowly add the non-dairy milk until creamy and pour-able (it may seize up at first, just keep stirring and adding milk).
3. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or until thick and spreadable like frosting.
4. Frost the cupcakes. Garnish with pumpkin seeds.