Healthy Protein Donuts with Cinnamon 🍩
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 9 Donuts
• 9 Tbsp Cornstarch
• 1/4 Cup of our NzW whey protein powder (Vanilla)
• 6 Tbsp Coconut sugar
• 2 Tbsp Oat flour
• 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
• 1/8 tsp Salt
• 1 Large egg, at room temperature
• 1 Egg yolk, at room temperature
• 1/2 Cup Plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
• 3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
• 2 Tbsp Ghee, melted (or dairy-free butter)
• 1/2 Cup of our NzW whey protein powder (Vanilla)
• Cinnamon, to taste
1. In a bowl, mix cornstarch, NzW protein, coconut sugar, oat flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. Make a well in the center and crack in the egg, along with the egg yolk, yogurt, ghee, and applesauce. Whisk the egg with a fork and mix to obtain a paste with a sticky consistency. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
3. Once cooled, heat your oven to 325 degrees and generously rub your donut pan with melted ghee.
4. Fill a pastry bag with the chilled donut mixture and fill the donut tin. You will have to do it in 2 batches if you only have one mold. Keep the rest of the dough in the refrigerator.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 14 minutes. Let stand in the pan for 5 minutes.
6. In a plate, mix the protein powder and cinnamon, adjusting the amount of cinnamon to taste.
7. After 5 minutes, gently remove the donuts from the mold and immediately place them in the powdered protein mixture, sprinkling gently until they are completely coated.